Saturday, March 8, 2008

Itsy, Bitsy Spider

I'm sitting here upstairs in the mostly dark reading other much more interesting blogs than mine. (There are some really funny, creative people out there) Suddenly, a small dark blob moves across the keyboard of the Mac. What the...? It's a small spider crawling on, over, between the keys. I blow softly in its direction. The creepy crawly heads off toward the arrow keys and disappears. Now, I'll always be wondering if my typing is going to decapitate the thing. Or maybe chop off one of its 8 legs. Hopefully it will stay under the arrow keys, since I don't use those much. If it was under the delete or backspace key it would be screwed.

I desperately need to go hiking. There are two ways I process the world. One is by writing the other is by walking. Preferably the walking happens outdoors surrounded by Nature. I've been doing plenty of writing lately but not much walking outdoors and almost no hiking. I have a lot on my mind this week. I gave my notice at work(but the end is really four or five months away), two of my friends are going through difficult health issues that are full of unknowns, lots of waiting for possibly frightening outcomes, plus I'm experiencing an unexpected frustration over trying to understand what faith is, why some people have it and others (e.g. me) don't combined with a weird strong-arm kind of reaction to religion in general and the human need to create supernatural explanations for our existence.

So, I need to get out and walk. Maybe I'm like a chicken or a pigeon. My head is connected to my feet and the motion of walking gets the head moving back and forth. (hey...it's a funny image) The thoughts and ideas can finally shift around and realign themselves into more manageable forms. Sift through the crap to find the bigger nuggets of truth, understanding and more importantly acceptance.

If you hate the taste of wine
Why do you drink it 'til you’re blind?
And if you swear that there’s no truth and who cares
How come you say it like you’re right?
Why are you scared to dream of god
When it’s salvation that you want?
You see stars that clear have been dead for years
But the idea just lives on

Bright Eyes

p.s. no sign of the spider. I even blew hard into the arrow keys.

No comments:

Post a Comment