Sunday, March 2, 2008

Some people fall for anything

I fell. Again. It's a gorgeous sunny day and I thought it would be good to get some exercise, some fresh air, some sunshine. Before I left I took the metal shovel to the icicles growing from the back roof. The stair under my foot was covered with ice so obviously, I slipped. My elbow and my right butt cheek took the brunt of this fall. It hurt and I'm tired of falling down. I stepped up my cursing of winter from the plain F-bomb to the more formal MF-bomb. I picked myself up, sprinkled some salt around to prevent more falls and left on my walk. About 50 yards down from our house I see two delicate deer legs sticking up out of the snowbank on the side of the road. I stopped. I studied it for a minute. I turned around and came home. Maybe it's not a good day for a walk.

Do you have a blender? How many different pulverizing styles does yours have? Mine has 14. Imagine that. One appliance with one set of whirling metal blades and I can have 14 different outcomes. If I slide the plastic oval to Lo my choices are as follows:
  • Quick Clean
  • Stir
  • Aerate
  • Puree
  • Crumb
  • Chop
  • Mix
If I slide the plastic oval to Hi then I have even more wonderful choices such as:
  • Grate
  • Grind
  • Beat
  • Shred
  • Blend
  • Liquefy
  • Frappe
So, I put some water in the other day and hit the Frappe setting. Needless to say I was terribly disappointed when my water did not turn into a milkshake. However, I found that switching the machine back a notch to the Liquefy setting was perfect. I left the water whirling around on that setting for several minutes. When I turned off the blender I was happy to see that my water had been expertly liquefied. I've heard that it's helpful to aerate your lawn. If you've ever seen ours you'll agree it could use some help. I can't wait for spring to get here so I can put our lawn into the blender on the Aerate setting and really reap the benefits of this mighty Hamilton Beach appliance.

No comments:

Post a Comment