Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Forces Converge

It's 5:33 a.m. I've been up for about an hour and I can't say that I'm actually happy about it. On the other hand, horizontal wasn't working for me this morning with my cold and all. So, vertical wins and it's hard to be asleep and vertical at the same time. For me, anyway. Maybe I can develop that skill.

Anyway, I'm up. That's the first important factor.

The second important factor? Bananas. There were 3 bananas in the fruit bowl developing more and more banana age spots with every passing day (i.e. they were getting too old to eat).

The third important factor? Chip's not here. He doesn't like walnuts.

All these forces have converged and as I type, my first ever loaf of banana nut bread is in the oven baking.

Recipe from good ol' Fanny Farmer Cookbook
3 ripe bananas mashed
2 eggs
mix well
add
2 cups flour
3/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
stir well
add
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
Spread batter into greased loaf pan and bake at 350 for an hour.

Baking does not get much easier than that, folks.

This may be the most inane blog I've ever posted. Hey, cut me some slack. I'm sick and it's not even 6am yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment